Software Modernization Services
Let us bring your business up to speed by replacing outdated legacy systems with state-of-the-art software solutions
- Cost of
MaintenanceLike a beat-up old car that lands in the shop every other month, legacy software systems require significant maintenance just to keep them running. At a certain point, the cost (in both money and time) of maintaining the old system starts to outweigh the costs of starting over.
- InflexibilityWhile your old system may have suited your organization’s needs perfectly when it was first installed, as your company has grown, it’s struggled to keep up. Legacy software is seldom built with enough flexibility and configurability to keep up with shifting needs — at least not without heavy investments and plenty of custom coding.
- Security and
Compliance GapsAs data security needs have evolved and compliance measures have increased, legacy systems have become more and more risky — increasingly vulnerable to data leaks and security slipups.
- IncompatibilityMany older software systems are built on technology that is no longer widely used today — and by developers who are no longer in business. As such, businesses often find that, when they do want to integrate their legacy systems with newer components and systems, the old technology is incompatible with the new. The workarounds required to achieve the desired capabilities tend to result in fragile patchwork jobs that aren’t very efficient or resilient.
- Customer & Employee DissatisfactionWhen legacy systems slow down internal processes, customers start to see delays in front-end interactions — and maybe even errors in fulfillment, communication, or billing. The result is weakened loyalty and negative buzz around your business. And internally, when employees have to spend significant time coaxing the software, they have less time and energy to spend on their “real” work, and they’re less likely to be satisfied in their jobs.
Legacy Software Replacement
ApproachWhile pulling the plug on the old system entirely and replacing it with a new one right away is certainly an option, we prefer an evolutionary approach — replacing one component at a time (starting with the most problematic) in order to prevent disruption by minimizing the time your organization spends offline.
- Data & Logic
PreservationReplacing legacy systems with new software is a delicate process, as so much data and process information are embedded in those systems. Our careful, systematic approach preserves your business processes and leaves your information intact.
TechnologyWhile your legacy software may have struggled to integrate with modern systems, your new systems will be built using current technologies that are designed to play well with others and flexible enough to evolve with your organization.
- Sleek, Intuitive
User ExperienceA key component of customer and employee satisfaction, as well as general productivity, is a system’s user experience. Our thoughtful designers create attractive interfaces that allow our clients to be much more productive, with much less headache.
- Full System
IntegrationRedundancy is a key issue with many legacy systems — especially those that include many different components all stitched together. As we work to replace your systems, we also work to eliminate that redundancy, running every component off of one database to eliminate the frustration (and risk of error) that comes with employees having to enter and manage data on multiple platforms.
ConsolidationBeyond data management, our state-of-the-art replacements for your legacy systems will automate workflows, optimize processes, and consolidate tasks, decreasing the time spent on busywork and systems management and increasing the time spent focusing on the core of the business.
- Focus on Business
OutcomesSpeaking of the core of the business, when we design the systems to replace your outdated software, our expert business advisors work together with your team and our developers to understand the business outcomes you’re looking for and create a solution that will empower your organization to achieve its most pressing goals.
Which systems can
Syberry’s expansive team of engineers includes experts in a wide range of technologies and applications. We’ve planned, built, and implemented custom software solutions for over 150 corporate clients, from ERP systems to mobile apps to Ecommerce solutions, and more. So regardless of what your legacy systems look like, rest assured that we can bring them up to date with brand new solutions tailored to your organization’s needs. Learn more about our custom software services.
Key steps while replacing a legacy system
- Identify GapsYou first need to look at how big the gap is between the tasks your system can complete vs what you need to do now and in the future.
- Currently CapacityYou need to consider the software’s real-time capabilities, processing speed, and ability such as mobile devices, or application integration.
- Current ProblemsLegacy system often have non-existent or insubstantial documentation, no testing, application depending on outdated frameworks, libraries, or technologies and confusing, inconsistent code.
- Your NeedsIt can be tempting to rebuild the system from the ground up, and while this can be hugely beneficial and result in great gains in ROI, it will also require a substantial upfront investment.
- Make a DecisionSo how do you decide between a partial and complete rebuild? We can take a look at your system and software.
A comprehensive tool for Steel construction builders, allowing tracking equipment and materials, track man-hours, bill the customers and send payments to vendors, scheduling and management tools, making the estimation on-the-go and real-time reporting. The system handles hundreds of customers, thousands of man-hours, and dozens of millions of dollars of construction and materials costs.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does a software system need modernization?
Can we reuse something from my legacy system?
What are the benefits of modernizing a software system?
Ready to optimize operations by replacing outdated legacy systems with cutting-edge custom solutions? Contact us today.